Sunday, May 25, 2014

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL TAPDANCE DAY !!

....And a special Happy Birthday to Mr. Bill Bojangles Robinson for putting tap, on the map.

Below are just a few photos of people that have inspired me with their incredible dancing in film
all through the years.  I grew up watching Bill Bojangles Robinson, The Nicholas Brothers, Gene Kelly,
Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Donald O'Connor, Ann Miller, Gregory Hines, Bob Hope (yes, he could dance ! )

All of these talented people inspired so many and to this day we continuously speak of them and keep them alive through watching their films, dancing their dance, and singing their songs.
 I remember watching Gene Kelly in Singing in the Rain, and the "Good Morning" number with Donald O'connor and Debbie Reynolds... I was mesmorized, and think that was the moment my feet would not
stop moving, much to the chagrin of my poor mother and father, especially dad on a Saturday morning, when he was feeling a bit tender, you might say !!

Even though I never started taking tap until I was 52, I am just thankful that I did.  The amazing and intense joy I feel when I dance, was worth the wait..

Keep dancing folks !!!















No comments:

Post a Comment