Saturday, May 17, 2014

A tappers best friend.......

I love my shoes.... ok I have said it out loud.  I have never had a relationship with any item of
clothing or footwear, as I have had with these two ! 

I first met my Capezio's in 2006 when I began tapping.  It is an important event in your life when you
commit and actually BUY the shoes as opposed to rent, you mean serious business when you get your
shoes. This means, you are a serious tapper !
They have to be a perfect fit, in order for you to make the sounds, and these were love at first sight !

These shoes have been through it all.  The agony and the ecstasy  of practice practice practice til you get it right,  Hours of repetition doing a step over and over and over until you get it right, and when you do the
great feeling of YES !  I DID IT !!

These shoes have been everywhere, Vancouver, Germany, Italy, to name a few.  They have seen the victory of a routine performed well, and the occasional defeat of the almighty slip up to nerves on stage.

They have had numerous facelifts, re-soled 3 times, taps replaced, but still, like their wearer, they keep
going, because, they love what they are doing !

I take care of these like an old friend, inserts when they are not being used, a good polish before a show,
knowing once again, they will bring me so much joy !
I hope to have this relationship for many more years until, at one point, we both fall apart !!!




No comments:

Post a Comment