Friday, March 18, 2011

Plateau-ing !

Well, here we are in March and still tapping my head off ! At the moment learning three numbers, I remember when just learning 1 used to be such a challenge, so things must be progressing.

I have, though, reached a bit of a plateau. Quite common I hear in the learning process. You go along and all of a sudden you think, " hey, I think I'm getting the hang of this " and then you push a little further, and you can't seem to get it all over again..(drives me crazy sometimes).

Then you go through the "Oh, I'm never going to get this" dialogue, then you hit a step you never thought you would learn, and go ah haaah!!... then, oh, I think I'm getting the hang of this..and starts all over again... Apparently it never ends.. thats the journey, thats the joy, thats why I love it.

Check out our new link created by Linda Dear for Heart and Sole called Shelleysdancers.blogspot.com. It will give you an idea of what the learning process is all about, and how Shelley brilliantly pieces everything together. 

One of the other numbers I am learning is being choreographed by Troy McLaughlin at Vancouver Tap, the number is called "St Louis Blues" and it is a tough one...bluesy vibe, great song, but man, is it full of fast steps!  If I can get through it without Troy and I cracking up, I will be very happy. We tend to turn into a couple of 8 year olds sometimes when we are dancing so it will be a challenge to keep that in check. Having a great time learning it though, when you're sides are sore from laughing after a class, you know you're having fun.

More performances coming up in the late spring and summer, dates and times to come. Stay tuned !

No comments:

Post a Comment